Sunday, November 02, 2008

Becoming a Mother..

Assalamualaikum wbt

The fact that in less than 3 months I'll become a mother, I guess it is normal to have few anxieties every now and then.

1. Will I be a good mother (according to Islam)?
2. Will I be able to raise a child?
3. Will I be able to care for my husband and our child?
4. Will I be able to cope with my studies?

Honestly, I'm worried. Why?

I'm worried thinking about the challenges of being a mother in a time when people are no longer care about religion and cultural values.

I'm worried thinking that it won't be enough just to send your children to the religious school hoping that they will become a good Muslim.

I'm worried thinking that our society (the Malay Muslims) are now 'proudly' showing their arrogance and ignorance towards Islam.

I'm worried for we are only human, who are not born (and never will be) perfect.

But, at the same time, I'm hoping that Allah will forgive our sins and continue to save us from His wrath (Nauzubillahiminzalik).

Ya Allah, kurniakanlah petunjuk kepada hamba-hambaMu. Ampunkan dosa-dosa kami Ya Allah. Peliharalah kami dari kemurkaanMu Ya Allah.

Amin Ya Rabbal Aalamin.

2 comments:

Shopping Cabin said...

hi..jom tengok baju chomel2 dan menarik kt blog saya! oh and it's cheap too!!
http://shoppingcabin.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

insyaAllahuderq, you'll be a great mom!!!