Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Definition of Romantic

I've been thinking about this entry for quite some time actually, but I can't really decide on the actual title and the language (if you realise, I tend to use Bahasa and English for my entries, depending on the mood).

Generally speaking, most women would want to be loved, pampered and cared by men, romantic men; how may that woman defines romantic to her taste. I myself have been constantly changing my own definition of romantic since I could understand what being romantic is.

From puberty (at 11 years old) till 16 years old
Romantic = give flowers and gifts , surprises (good ones, of course), gestures (hold your hands while walking and crossing the road, pulling the chair for you sit on, etc), lovely and 'flattery' words (which best when you least expected) and anything else that you can dig up from the long lists of chick flick's movies since 1992.

From 17 to 25 years old
Romantic = caring, loving, modest, remembers special dates (birthday, anniversaries, etc), giving flowers and gifts, respect your opinion, accept you for just being you.

From 26 till this moment;

Romantic = caring, loving, modest, responsible, respect your opinion, accept you for just being you, always encourage you to be a better Muslim, wakes you up every morning for Subuh prayer, and above all,
prays for your well-being in life and in the after-life after every prayer, every day.


And I'm pretty sure, I'll be holding to this definition for the longest time possible, Insya-Allah.

6 comments:

Dr. Sepet said...

Usia dan pengalaman yang ditempuh itu akan mematangkan kita. Namun bukan semua mampu terjemahkannya, malah ramai di luar sana yang masih leka dan lena dibuai mimpi dan tercari-cari 'yang romantik'.

Dan selari dengan usia, saya berpandangan seorang lelaki 'yang romantik' bukanlah lelaki sempurna seperti dalam filem, tapi lelaki yang apabila dia buat kesilapan, todak ego dan cepat sedar dan berusaha untuk memperbetulkan keadaan serta dapat menerima sang isteri sebagai 'partner' for the rest of his life.

Rhuphylla said...

this is so nicely said, *wipe tears, happy tears of course =)

afidalina said...

ehem2.. terima kasih cikgu! =P

madam teacher said...

my 'roomate' : time kasih di atas komen anda.. =P

phylla : thanks for the comment. English bknnye btol sgt, but at least msgnye smpi. =)

chegu afi : same2.. bkn nk mengajar, berkongsi pendapat jek ;)

Anonymous said...

romantic 'partner'??
as for me,the way he make his crazy jokes just to make me happy...=)
~adDa~

Anonymous said...

Huda,this is a very beautiful definition.. let me add on a lil': 'willing to sacrifice and compromise for the things that would bring happiness now and hereafter..'